300 hr Yoga Teacher Training Programs
300 hr Yoga Teacher Training Programs
Kula Operations Director: Suhan & Johana
- Make your flight arrangement: We recommend arriving in daylight and at least a day or two before your training starts. Give yourself enough time to account for flight changes, inclement weather, etc. and to allow your mind and body the time to adjust for the journey ahead.
- Please join your training's Facebook Group: This is a great way to coordinate travel plans, ask questions, and stay in touch after the training has concluded. This group is only open to participants and facilitators of this training. You will be sent an invitation in the next welcome packet you receive 30days prior to the program commencing.
- Please join the Kula Community Page: This group is for all Kula alumni of all programs. This is a good place to share thoughts and ideas, questions and revelations, poetry, art, music... or if you're on the road and looking for a place to stay, your Kula has got your back, just ask.
- Other Course Related Items - A neti pot and a tongue scraper are used as a part of the course curriculum. You can purchase both of these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring a journal and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Practice: If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course
- Stay healthy: Since there is an emphasis on cleansing in this training, we recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to begin limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process. As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. A helpful website you can consult for products (such as sunscreen or bug spray) that you may be packing for this trip, is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. The cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Fill out our Liability Form.
- Travel Preparation (Visa & Vaccines): Understand what travel documentation you will need. Talk to your doctor and review the Center for Disease Control website for information about recommended vaccinations for your areas of travel.
- Recommended Reading: Below is a PDF file with an extensive recommended reading list that we've put together. Take your time reading these beautiful books and let us know what you think. What resonated with you? Is there a book you love that you think we should add to the list?
You will receive another email with more information from your lead facilitator about a month before the training begins. If you have any questions before then, please contact email@example.com.
About Kula Collective
Kula, in Sanskrit, means home, tribe or community, and comes from the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. It is with this understanding that Kula is a co-created, co-owned and co-governed community that thinks creatively, communicates respectfully, decides unanimously, and acts with integrity. All of our offerings are rooted in sacred connection and are are woven together through a common thread that respects ancestral traditions, unites our passions, and inspires spiritual growth in ourselves and in others.
Kula Collective is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS). Therefore, at the end of the course you will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kula Collective and will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200! As a community of yoga teachers, healing practitioners and leaders, we are inspired to share the wisdom of yoga with others on this spiritual path, and are excited to have you as a part of our Kula!!