Dharma Grant Program
At The Kula Collective it is an integral part of our mission and vision to empower people such as yourself to discover and explore your passions. The purpose of this Dharma Project is to allow us to better understand how you’re living out your dreams, and what challenges you face along the way.
If you are interested in receiving a Dharma Grant to attend one of our offerings you will be informed of the amount we are able to offer you, based on the scope and depth of your project proposal. In order to be eligible for this scholarship we expect you to implement and document a 90 day Dharma Project that resonates with Kula Collective’s vision and mission, as well as your own unique Dharma. Awarded grant amount will go towards YTT tuition only, as room & board costs are set by the retreat center.
Dharma Grant Expectations:
- 90 Day Dharma Project includes checking in with Kula at the 1, 2 & 3 month mark providing deliverables (photos, video, sketches) that show progress toward the milestones you've set for yourself.
- 2-4 blog posts for thekulacollective.com blog with content relevant to your Dharma Project and experience + video (subject to change based on project)
- After completing the 90 day project, provide a report sharing the results with us and the rest of our Kula Collective community. We’d like to hear WHY you are motivated to work on this project, HOW you planned to achieve the results you’re seeking, and WHAT you did to make it happen.
- Please share as many images (photos, videos, animations, etc.) as possible. Remember - show, don’t tell!
- Projects will featured in the Dharma Project Portfolio (coming soon!)
How to apply:
1. Download this interactive PDF: Personal Flow Design. Take your time to fill it out, perhaps over the period of a few days or even weeks. Be sure to save the PDF as you type into the editable text boxes within the template. Please re-name the file to include your full name. Only fully completed PDF's will be accepted.
We hope that by using this template you’ll be able to focus your plans, discovering outlets for your passions and setting attainable and measurable goals to track your success. The best part about having clear goals are the celebrations we get to have together when we meet them! When your PDF is complete, please move onto the next step!
For an in depth guide to filling this out please watch these step-by-step videos of our co-founder Zachary Towne-Smith.
2. Next step is to please fill out this application. Within this step, you will upload your completed Personal Flow Design PDF with any additional material to support your project (sketches, photos and videos). We recommend that you take your time with this process. Be sure to allow sufficient time for our board to review the project before needing to finalize your travel plans
3. Your application will be reviewed by our board within one week and you will receive feedback. If you are eligible to receive a scholarship, we will inform you of the amount we are able to offer you, based on the scope and depth of your project proposal.
Have questions about the application process? E-mail email@example.com with subject line: Dharma Grant Questions
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, we expect you to implement and document a 90 day project that resonates with Kula Collective’s vision and mission, as well as your own unique Dharma.
- One scholarship per application.
- Submitting an application for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive one.
- Please also review all of the Dharma Grant Expectations above.
Thanks for your interest in sharing with us the ways in which you’re living out your Dharma!