200 hr Yoga Teacher Training - MEXICO!
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training - MEXICO!
Kula Directors: Suhan and Johana
Yoga Teacher Training
Lead Facilitator: CJ Ananda Page
Name: Present Moment Retreat
Location: Troncones, Mexico
Phone: 916-580-3418 (US # forwards to Present Moment in Mexico)
Phone: 011 52 755 103 0011 (Mexico #)
Primary Contact: Tom Morisette (Owner)
- Make your flight arrangement: You should fly into Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo airport (code ZIH). It is a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport to Present Moment Resort. Training begins on October 10th, starting with an optional gentle/restorative class at 4:00pm. We will meet for dinner and opening circle at 6:00pm. Training ends on October 31st at 11:00am. Please allow time to leave Present Moment 2 hours before your flight.
- Arrange Transportation: Once you have booked your flight, please send your flight information to Present Moment as they will be arranging your transportation from the airport to the retreat center. You can email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. A one-way taxi ride is about $65. The taxi drivers at the airport are all registered and they know the location of Present Moment in Troncones.
- Book Extra Days: Present Moment offers a special rate for Yoga Teacher Training students who would like to extend their stay at the beginning or end of their trip. For rates and reservations, contact email@example.com.
- Your Yoga Teacher Training Manual: The Manual is included in the price of tuition and we will have it for you at the start of the course.
- Review Homework and Certification Requirements and Read Course Books: The following books are recommended reading. The only requirement is that you bring a copy of the Yoga Sutras with you to the training, and it can be any version you choose.
- Other Course Related Items - A neti pot and a tongue scraper are used as a part of the course curriculum. You can purchase both of these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring a journal and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Practice: If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course.
- Stay healthy: Since there is an emphasis on cleansing in this training, we recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to begin limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process. As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. A helpful website you can consult for products (such as sunscreen or bug spray) that you may be packing for this trip, is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. The cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Travel Preparation (Visa & Vaccines): Your Mexican Tourist Visa will be given to you at immigration once you've arrived in Mexico at no cost. According to the Center for Disease Control.here are no required or recommended vaccinations for the part of Mexico where the training is held.
About Kula Collective
Kula, in Sanskrit, means home, tribe or community, and comes from the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. It is with this understanding that Kula is a co-created, co-owned and co-governed community that thinks creatively, communicates respectfully, decides unanimously, and acts with integrity. All of our offerings are rooted in sacred connection and are are woven together through a common thread that respects ancestral traditions, unites our passions, and inspires spiritual growth in ourselves and in others.
Kula Collective is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS). Therefore, at the end of the course you will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kula Collective and will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200! As a community of yoga teachers, healing practitioners and leaders, we are inspired to share the wisdom of yoga with others on this spiritual path, and are excited to have you as a part of our Kula!!