200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Program - Eagle's Retreats in Guatemala
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Program - Eagle's Retreats in Guatemala
- Make your flight arrangement: Plan to arrive into Guatemala City Aurora (code GUA) International airport. From there, please keep in mind that it is still a half day journey to Lake Atitlan, so be sure to arrange for flight to arrive either by 10am on the day the training program begins (though it will be a long trip! and you will need private transport to us) or best the day before the training. If you arrive the day before, you have two options; either contact us for availability and to arrange a private shuttle direct to San Marcos and settle in a day early, or from the airport take a shuttle straight to Antigua Guatemala (they leave every hour) and stay in a hostel in Antigua for the night (see recommendations below). Antigua has great restaurants, markets, night life and is a safe tourist town. From there, you can take a collective shuttle the next morning (arrange at any travel agency - they are everywhere) and begin your journey to the lake in order to arrive and settle in after lunch.
- Arrival Day: Please aim to be in San Marcos la Laguna by 1pm at the latest on the arrival day for an escorted pickup in town (this would mean catching an early 8am shuttle from Antigua at the latest). There will be two free escorted pickups arranged for the arrival day from Circles Cafe, the first at 1pm, the second at 3pm. Please be sure to contact Eagle's Retreats to check availability as soon as you can if you would like to arrive a day or two earlier.
- Departure Day: Schedule your flight out of Guatemala either the day after we end or in the evening (after 5pm) of the last day of the training (Private shuttle would be necessary to arrive in time). We will finish around 10am on the last day. There are collective shuttles leaving San Marcos each day at 2.30pm for Antigua, arriving around 6pm, spend a nice night or two exploring Antigua and then take a collective shuttle back to the airport for your flight. Private and collective shuttles can be arranged with the Eagle's Retreats staff a few days prior to departure, there is no need to arrange in advance.
- Hotel Recommendations near Airport: Hostel Novo, Quetzalroo, Hotel Dos Lunas, Hostel Villa Toscana, Mariana's Petit Hotel
- Hotel Recommendations in Antigua: El Hostal, Hotel Casa Antigua, Hotel Casa Luna, Hotel Casa Rustica
- Arrange Transportation: Eagle's Retreats can arrange a private transfer from the airport to bring you straight to San Marcos la Laguna, and you will be escorted all the way to our site. The cost is Q800 (US$115) each way, and must be paid directly in local currency only to the driver upon arrival (There are ATM's in the airport), please be aware The Eagle's Retreats will not make this payment for you. Ride share suggestions will be offered for students with similar flight times within 30 days of the course start date.
- Pay for your R&B and Book Extra Days if needed. If you would like to arrive early or stay later, please contact The Eagle's Retreats directly. Once you have signed up for the training you will automatically be allocated a shared cabana space. If you would like a private option, please let us know directly and quickly in order to reserve one of the limited private spaces as soon as possible. R&B must be settled at least 30 days prior to the course start date. Please be aware R&B in nonrefundable.
- Please use the link here to pay for R&B for the RYT200 Passion to Purpose Nov/Dec 2017 program
- Buy Course Books
- Yoga Teacher Training Manual: The Kula Collective Manuals are included in the price of tuition and we will have it for you at the start of the course in Guatemala.
- 200hr YTT Required Books;
- (200hr) The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope -This is required pre-reading, you do not need to bring it with you although it is also a useful reference for the course content, but please read it before the program begins.
- (200hr) Yoga Sutras - any translation is fine, we recommend the commentary by Chip Hartranft or Nischala Joy Devi. Please bring a copy with you to the course.
- (200hr) Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff. The first five chapters are required pre-reading for the course. You can either leave it at home after that or bring it with you for reference during the course.
- Homework & Certification Requirements; Please review the 200hr Homework and Certification Requirements. 300hr Homework and Certification Requirements will be explained at the start of the program. Please disregard the essay requirement, as we will do another final project during the course rather than the essay.
- Practice: If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course.
- Please join this training's Facebook Group: This is a great way to coordinate travel plans, ask questions, and stay in touch after the training has concluded. This group is only open to participants and facilitators of this training. You will be sent an invitation in the second welcome packet you receive 30days prior to the program commencing.
- Please join the Kula Community Page: This group is for all Kula alumni of all programs. This is a good place to share thoughts and ideas, questions and revelations, poetry, art, music... or if you're on the road and looking for a place to stay, your Kula has got your back, just ask.
- Stay healthy: We recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to begin limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process. As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. A helpful website you can consult for products (such as sunscreen or bug spray) that you may be packing for this trip, is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. The cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Bring with You; We have a few recommendations to consider bringing with you for your stay in case you are a sensitive soul;
1. Paragone: this supplement will cleanse your system of unwanted parasites as well as prime your digestive system for while you are traveling in Guatemala or other areas of central and South America. This product can be found at most health foods stores such as Whole Foods. You may choose to take it for a few days before you leave and while you are in the country to guarantee yourself a strong digestive system. You may also want to bring an extra pack in your bag in case you are affected by parasites during your visit to Guatemala.
2. Probiotics: You may want to prime your digestive flora with some probiotics before you leave for Guatemala and tuck some away in your luggage to have with you while you travel. The probiotic that can effectively fight unwanted bacterias/parasites in the belly is Lactobacillus Plantarum, it is important to make sure the probiotics you bring contain this bacterial strain.
3. Activated Charcoal and Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) or Colloidal Silver. Both are easiest to bring and take in capsule or liquid form, and work well to cleanse the system.
4. Personal Water Filter or SteriPen: We use triple carbon and clay Eco-filters to purify our spring water, but you can also bring a personal water filter to attach to your water bottle for a further filtration.
- Packing List; relax, there is enough time! Your second Welcome Letter will be sent to you 30 days before the course commences and will have a recommended packing list for you to check out. For now, A neti pot and a tongue scraper are used as a part of the course curriculum. You can purchase both of these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring a journal and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Travel Preparation (Visa & Vaccines): Your Guatemalan Tourist Visa (valid for 90 days) will be given to you at immigration once you've arrived in Guatemala. Depending on your nationality you may need a return flight out of the country to be presented at check in for your flight. No inoculations are required to enter Guatemala, but it is always best to talk to your doctor and check out the Center for Disease Control website for information about recommended vaccinations:
- Want to experience even more on your travels? Check out upcoming Transformational Retreat Offerings available before and after your training!
- Excited about visiting San Marcos la Laguna and Lake Atitlán? There is so much on offer here always! Check out this great informative website;, visit-sanmarcos.com.
About Kula Collective
Kula, in Sanskrit, means home, tribe or community, and comes from the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. It is with this understanding that Kula is a co-created, co-owned and co-governed community that thinks creatively, communicates respectfully, decides unanimously, and acts with integrity. All of our offerings are rooted in sacred connection and are are woven together through a common thread that respects ancestral traditions, unites our passions, and inspires spiritual growth in ourselves and in others.
Kula Collective is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS). Therefore, at the end of the course you will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kula Collective and will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200! As a community of yoga teachers, healing practitioners and leaders, we are inspired to share the wisdom of yoga with others on this spiritual path, and are excited to have you as a part of our Kula!!