PeruKula! 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training - Peru
PeruKula! 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training - Peru
Kula Operations: Suhan & Johana
Yoga Teacher Training
Lead Facilitator: CJ Ananda Page
Name: Sacha Munay
Location: Arin, Sacred Valley, Peru
Primary Contact: Coby Hadas
- Make your flight arrangement: You should fly into Cusco Airport (code CUZ). It is a 60 minute ride from the airport to the retreat center and costs approximately $20 and we will help organize transportation. Training begins on May 16th, starting with an optional gentle/restorative class at 4:00pm. We will meet for dinner and opening circle at 6:00pm. Training ends on June 14th after breakfast.
- Transportation: Once you have booked your ticket, please let us know when you're arriving by filling out this online Google Spreadsheet. There will be a group shuttle that leaves the Cusco Airport at 2pm on the 16th. If you'd like transportation to the retreat center at a different time or place, Coby will help arrange a driver for pickup.
- Please join this training's Facebook Group: This is a great way to coordinate travel plans, ask questions, and stay in touch after the training has concluded. This group is only open to participants and facilitators of this training.
- Please join the Kula Community Page: This group is for all Kula alumni of all programs. This is a good place to share thoughts and ideas, questions and revelations, poetry, art, music... or if you're on the road and looking for a place to stay, your Kula has got your back, just ask.
- PeruKula! is more than just a Yoga Teacher Training: Check out all of our PeruKula! Events to find out if you'd like to add-on additional cleanses and trainings while you're in Peru.
- Other Course Related Items - A neti pot and a tongue scraper are used as a part of the course curriculum. You can purchase both of these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring a journal and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Practice: If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course
- Stay healthy: Since there is an emphasis on cleansing in this training, we recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh organic foods as much as possible. You may also want to begin limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process.
As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. A helpful website you can consult for products (such as sunscreen or bug spray) that you may be packing for this trip, is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/.
Cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training but is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Fill out Health Questionnaire And Liability Release
- Travel Preparation (Visa & Vaccines): Your Peru Tourist Visa will be given to you at immigration once you've arrived at no cost. According to the Center for Disease Control.here are no required or recommended vaccinations for the part of Peru where the training is held.
- Recommended Reading: Our Recommended Reading List is an extensive list that we've put together. Please take note that this is recommended, not required. Take your time reading these beautiful books and let us know what you think. What resonated with you? Is there a book you love that you think we should add to the list?
You will receive another email with more information from your lead facilitator, CJ Ananda, about a month before the training begins. If you have any questions before them, please contact Ananda... firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Kula Collective
Kula, in Sanskrit, means home, tribe or community, and comes from the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. It is with this understanding that Kula is a co-created, co-owned and co-governed community that thinks creatively, communicates respectfully, decides unanimously, and acts with integrity. All of our offerings are rooted in sacred connection and are are woven together through a common thread that respects ancestral traditions, unites our passions, and inspires spiritual growth in ourselves and in others.
Kula Collective is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS). Therefore, at the end of the course you will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kula Collective and will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200! As a community of yoga teachers, healing practitioners and leaders, we are inspired to share the wisdom of yoga with others on this spiritual path, and are excited to have you as a part of our Kula!!
If You Haven't Already... Please Join Our Facebook Page & Read the Kula Blog
Join us for a Shamanic Cleanse immediately following the training!
During this cleanse we will work intensively with the sacred washuma cactus. Each morning we will rise before the sun to drink a homeopathic amount of medicine while we sit in meditation. After breakfast we will hike to sacred Incan and pre-Incan power places to leave offerings to the Apus, the Spirits of the mountains.