200 hr Yoga Teacher Training - Thailand!
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training - Thailand!
Kula Operations: Johana
Name: The Sanctuary Thailand
Location: Haad Tien Bay, Thailand
Phone: 081 271 3614
Primary Contact: Nolan Dalby
- Make your flight arrangement: You should fly into Koh Samui airport (code USM). The Training begins on May 22nd. We will meet for dinner and opening circle at 6:00pm. Training ends on June 15th at 12:00pm. Please allow time to arrive and leave without missing any program days.
- Arrange Transportation: The easiest way to get to The Sanctuary, between mid January to late October, is on the Thong Nai Pan ferry boat. This ferry departs from Mae Nam town (not the pier) on Koh Samui every day at 12 noon and brings you directly to Had Tien Bay (get off at the second stop Had Tien Bay). The journey is approx one hour. Mae Nam is about 15 minutes by taxi from Samui Airport.
- Please note however that if the waves are big this boat doesn’t run. If you are unsure, you can phone our reception anytime from 8am on 081 271 3614 to find out if the boat is running that day.
- There are also 4 ferry boats a day from the Haad Rin Queen Ferry Pier at Big Buddha Pier to Had Rin: 10:30, 13:00, 16:00 and 18:30.
This ferry takes about 50 minutes, and it runs in all weathers!
Big Buddha Pier is about 10 minutes drive by taxi from Samui Airport.
When you arrive in Had Rin on Koh Phangan, there will be taxi boat drivers waiting for customers bound for Had Tien. Please note that if the waves are high or there are few customers, the boat drivers may charge a higher price.
If the waves are too high for boat travel, there will be a taxi jeep waiting. This journey is quite an adventure! It takes about 40 minutes over mostly rough jungle track.
Both the taxi truck and the taxi boat journeys cost around 200-300 bt per person.
If you wish to have a private charter speedboat to whiz you off to paradise this can also be organized (6,000B to 6,500B depending on weather and time). This gets you directly on to the beach less than an hour after you touch down at Koh Samui airport.
- Book Extra Days: The Sanctuary offers a special rate for Yoga Teacher Training students who would like to extend their stay at the beginning or end of their trip. For rates and reservations, contact Mike at Relax@thesanctuarythailand.com
- Yoga Teacher Training Manual: The Manual is included in the price of tuition and we will have it for you at the start of the course.
- Review Homework and Certification Requirements and Read Course Books: We urge you to buy your books locally and read them before leaving. If you've already read them, there is no need to bring them to the training with you.
- Yoga Sutras - choose your favorite translation. We recommend Nischala Joy Devi, Nicolai Bachman, or Dennis Hill.
- The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff (2nd edition)
- Other Course Related Items - A neti pot and a tongue scraper are used as a part of the course curriculum. You can purchase both of these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring a journal as we write in it daily and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc. Please bring with you any sacred items such as tarot cards, crystals, stones, or any other healing tools to help ground and nourish you as we create our living alter.
- Practice: If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course.
- Stay healthy: We recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to begin limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process. As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. A helpful website you can consult for products (such as sunscreen or bug spray) that you may be packing for this trip, is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. The cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Travel Preparation (Visa & Vaccines): If you think you will want to spend more than 1 month in Thailand, we strongly recommend getting a tourist visa in your own country. Most travelers are issued a one month tourist visa upon arrival in Thailand at one of the country’s international airports. If you cross the Thai border by road you will only be given a 15 day visa.
- If you think you will want to spend more than 1 month in Thailand, we strongly recommend getting a tourist visa in your own country. Most travelers are issued a one month tourist visa upon arrival in Thailand at one of the country’s international airports. If you cross the Thai border by road you will only be given a 15 day visa.
- No Vaccinations Necessary
- Please Fill out the Health Questionnaire and Liability Form!
About Kula Collective
Kula, in Sanskrit, means home, tribe or community, and comes from the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. It is with this understanding that Kula is a co-created, co-owned and co-governed community that thinks creatively, communicates respectfully, decides unanimously, and acts with integrity. All of our offerings are rooted in sacred connection and are are woven together through a common thread that respects ancestral traditions, unites our passions, and inspires spiritual growth in ourselves and in others.
Kula Collective is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS). Therefore, at the end of the course you will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kula Collective and will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200! As a community of yoga teachers, healing practitioners and leaders, we are inspired to share the wisdom of yoga with others on this spiritual path, and are excited to have you as a part of our Kula!!