Welcome to your yoga teacher training in Peru!
Venue Contact Info:
Retreat Center: Sacha Munay
Contact: Adam Woodman
Location: Arin, Sacred Valley, Peru
Fly into Cusco Airport (code CUZ). About a month before the training begins, we will send an email to organize ground transport ($20) from the airport to the retreat center (70 minutes). The first day of training starting with an optional gentle/restorative class at 4:00pm. We will meet for dinner and opening circle at 6pm. Training ends on the last day after breakfast.
Please contact Sacha Munay to book extra nights. There is a discount rate of $65/night rate available for a few days prior and post training.
What to Bring:
- Sweater/Jacket/Poncho (warmer clothes for night conditions)
- Lightweight loose clothing (long sleeves and pants recommended for bugs and to protect you from the sun)
- One white outfit
- Bathing suit
- Yoga mat (and any personal props you use)
- Headlamp (ideally with a red light option)
- Natural bug repellent and natural sunscreen
- Time piece with alarm
- Hiking shoes & Flip flops/sandals
- Thermos or thermal mug
- Biodegradable body products (bug repellent & sunscreen), natural washing detergent
- Copy of Yoga Sutras and Upanishads
- Notebook & writing materials
- Arnica & tea tree oil
- Tongue scraper
- Neti Pot
- Water bottle
- Your passport and passport copy
- Mala beads for japa mala (if you have them)
- Pointed pendulum (or any pointy crystal or stone attached to a string if you have one)
- Please bring a journal and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Any sacred items, divination cards or healing tools that you would like to have with you or would like to offer our Altar
- Drums, flutes, rattles, bowls, chimes, bells ... any instruments or sounds that you enjoy
Immigration and Visas:
Your Peru Tourist Visa will be given to you at immigration once you've arrived at no cost.
According to the Center for Disease Control, there are no required or recommended vaccinations for the part of Peru where the training is held.
The Peruvian Sol (PEN) is the currency used in Peru.
~0.31 USD = 1 PEN
~0.40 CAN = 1 PEN
~0.41 AUD = 1 PEN